Time really flies. My little girl is now thirty months or should I say two and a half years old. She is becoming more verbally expressive. She talks in complete sentences. The advantage of having a developed language at a very early age is that she's able to convey her wants and needs. She is becoming more assertive and tries hard very hard to turn a simple "No" into a "Yes." She is very independent. And I'm so proud that she is very cooperative with potty training. She dislikes being helped to. Would you believe that her favorite line is "I wanna do it by myself.." I am so proud of the many developmental milestones that she's achieved at an advanced rate. I know that babies learn differently and their learning rate is so varied. But teaching a child and encouraging her/him to have the love for learning makes a huge difference. I say this not just as a parent but as an educator. As a parent, I try to give Abrielle the right exposure. I give her the freedom to explore her environment. We talk a lot. She asks me about anything under the sun. She asks with so much innocence and curiosity i.e."What is that sound? What's that noise? What's that mommy? Etc. etc." Those little conversations somewhat allow her to have a grasp of things around her. I look forward to such precious moments that I am able to spend quality time with her wherein at the same time she experiences play-based learning.


No comments:
Post a Comment